The Basic Emergency Operations Center Functions course is designed to introduce the role, design, and function of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and the supportive relationship as a NIMS Command and Coordination component of the Multiagency Coordination System.
At the completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the role EOCs play in overall multiagency coordination.
- Describe the processes and procedures for activating the EOC.
- Describe the factors involved in staffing and organizing the EOC.
- Describe factors for effective EOCs.
- Identify considerations for deactivating the EOC within the context of Recovery.
- Given a scenario-based incident, utilize key EOC concepts to successfully complete the scenario.
Mon. Jan 27, 2020 0800-1700
New Hanover County Government Center
230 Government Center Drive, Wilmington NC 28403
||New Hanover County
||McRay, Anna Mule'
|# Open Seats
|# on Wait List
Offering Specific Information
This is a Bring YOur Own Device and Book (BYODB) course. Students will recieve an electronic (pdf) copy of the student maual upon confirmation of registration and should bring their own laptop for the course. Other materials will be provided in class.
NIMS 700, ICS 100
Tiffany Jackson - 919-825-2377 or firstname.lastname@example.org