To instruct Search and Rescue (SAR) personnel, Law Enforcement, and other personnel with first response capability in man tracking a person in a wilderness environment during both day and night time conditions utilizing tactical operations to safely and securely move, track and locate the lost or evasive subject.
At the end of this block of instruction, the student will be able to work as a member of a tactical tracking team in a wilderness environment while using nature, terrain, and weather to their advantage while locating tracks, "sign" and other route disturbances left by a subject in passing.
1. Tactical tracking team member’s duties and responsibilities with situational awareness and knowledge of the operational area.
2. Team communications and camouflage and concealment.
3. Command team operations, duties and responsibilities.
4. Tactical tracking team formations and security considerations.
5. Categorizing the evader and tracking the evader (runaways, escaped convicts and terrorist).
6. Factors that affect evasion; preparation, opportunity, motivation and principles of evasion.
7. Lost track procedures day and night.
8. K-9 tracking team advantages and disadvantages.
9. Counter tracking techniques.
10. Search urgency determination.
Thu. Jan 09, 2020 1900-2200
Fri. Jan 10, 2020 1900-2200
Sat. Jan 11, 2020 0800-2100
Sun. Jan 12, 2020 0800-2100
Fri. Feb 28, 2020 1900-2200
Sat. Feb 29, 2020 0800-Until
Sun. Mar 01, 2020 0800-1700
Township 9 Fire Department - Craven County
3783 NC Hwy 55, New Bern NC 28562
ESF9 - Search and Rescue
||Craven Community College
||Williams, Charles A.
|# Open Seats
|# on Wait List
Offering Specific Information
Man Tracking -Tactical Tracking Operations
January 9-12 & February 28, 29 & 3/1, 2020
The instructor will provide class hours the first night.
There will be an overnight exercise with the class.
Items need for the training:
Flashlight Tracking Stick Measuring Tape Night Vision Device Tactical Gear Appropriate per Agency Flagging Tape Binoculars
Radio for Team Communications Environmentally Suitable Clothing Pen or Pencil and Notepads
Contact Sandy McKibbin at Craven Community College: 252-638-5583 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Craven Community College Online Registration:https://cravencc.edu/workforcedevelopment/public-safety-2/law-enforcement-training/#track