To instruct Search and Rescue (SAR) personnel, Law Enforcement, and other personnel with first response capability in man tracking a person in a wilderness environment during both day and night time conditions utilizing tactical operations to safely and securely move, track and locate the lost or evasive subject.
At the end of this block of instruction, the student will be able to work as a member of a tactical tracking team in a wilderness environment while using nature, terrain, and weather to their advantage while locating tracks, "sign" and other route disturbances left by a subject in passing.
1. Tactical tracking team member’s duties and responsibilities with situational awareness and knowledge of the operational area.
2. Team communications and camouflage and concealment.
3. Command team operations, duties and responsibilities.
4. Tactical tracking team formations and security considerations.
5. Categorizing the evader and tracking the evader (runaways, escaped convicts and terrorist).
6. Factors that affect evasion; preparation, opportunity, motivation and principles of evasion.
7. Lost track procedures day and night.
8. K-9 tracking team advantages and disadvantages.
9. Counter tracking techniques.
10. Search urgency determination.
Mon. Dec 09, 2019 0800-1700
Tue. Dec 10, 2019 0800-2200
Wed. Dec 11, 2019 0800-1700
Thu. Dec 12, 2019 0800-1700
Fri. Dec 13, 2019 0800-1700
Sat. Dec 14, 2019 0800-UTC
NC Civil Air Patrol - Alamance County
3520 Alamance Road, Burlington NC 27215
ESF9 - Search and Rescue
||North Carolina Division of Emergency Management
||Williams, Charles A.
|# Open Seats
|# on Wait List
Offering Specific Information
Cousre POC: Ben Watkins
(336) 494-8009 Benjamin.email@example.com
Students associated with a Law Enforcement Agencies will need to bring their carbine or shotgun on day three of the class. There will be No live fire.
If you are not associated with a Law Enforcement Agency, an Inert Firearms Replica will be provided.
Dress for the environment. Tactical field gear for the second half of the class as per department. Training schedule will be gone over on day one.