To instruct Search and Rescue (SAR) personnel, Law Enforcement, and other personnel with first response capability in man tracking a person in a wilderness environment during both day and night time conditions utilizing tactical operations to safely and securely move, track and locate the lost or evasive subject.
At the end of this block of instruction, the student will be able to work as a member of a tactical tracking team in a wilderness environment while using nature, terrain, and weather to their advantage while locating tracks, "sign" and other route disturbances left by a subject in passing.
1. Tactical tracking team member’s duties and responsibilities with situational awareness and knowledge of the operational area.
2. Team communications and camouflage and concealment.
3. Command team operations, duties and responsibilities.
4. Tactical tracking team formations and security considerations.
5. Categorizing the evader and tracking the evader (runaways, escaped convicts and terrorist).
6. Factors that affect evasion; preparation, opportunity, motivation and principles of evasion.
7. Lost track procedures day and night.
8. K-9 tracking team advantages and disadvantages.
9. Counter tracking techniques.
10. Search urgency determination.
Mon. Dec 02, 2019 0800-1800
Tue. Dec 03, 2019 0800-2130
Wed. Dec 04, 2019 0800-1800
Thu. Dec 05, 2019 0800-1800
Fri. Dec 06, 2019 0800-1800
Sat. Dec 07, 2019 0800-UTC
Jones Lake State Park Training Center - Bladen County
4117 NC 242 North, Elizabethtown NC 28337
ESF9 - Search and Rescue
||Williams, Charles A.
|# Open Seats
|# on Wait List
Offering Specific Information
Cousre POC: Gary Turlington with Bladen County Sheriff’s Office
For billeting contact Gary Turlington.
(910) 418-4552 email@example.com
Address for billet is 5853 US Hwy 701N Elizabethtown, 28337
Students will need to bring their carbine or shotgun on day three of the class. Dress for the environment. No live fire. Tactical field gear for the second half of the class as per department. Training schedule will be gone over on day one.