The 31st Annual May Day Trauma Conference continues the tradition of creating an annual forum utilizing nationally recognized experts known for their contributions to the advancement of trauma care and emergency medical service systems. This year's presentations examine diverse subjects from evidence based practice and innovative advances in the care of injured patients. This two day conference has been designed to meet the needs of all health care professionals involved in the trauma care continuum.
Upon completion of the conference, the attendee will be able to:
- Examine contemporary clinical issues in life-threatening injuries in patients from the trauma environment.
- Identify emerging trends and recent advances in the pre-hospital, medical and nursing management of trauma patients.
- Discuss an organized approach to critical decision making with regard to trauma care issues.
- Describe the pathophysiology of specific injuries in caring for trauma patients.
Complete registration includes:
- Attendance at conference
- Course materials
- Meals and breaks.
Credit card payments are only accepted online. We accept all major credit cards. Registration fees must be paid in full in order to secure a seat. Partial payment is no longer accepted.
Refunds minus a $40 processing fee is allowed up to 5 days prior to the conference. After 5 days a refund for registration will be forfeited or substitution can be made. Conference no-shows will not be eligible for a refund.
UNC Hospitals reserves the right to cancel any event that does not meet the established minimum enrollment at any time. Registrants will be notified of any cancellation.
- Physicians: The School of Medicine of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The School of Medicine of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health professionals will receive a certificate of attendance from an AMA PRA Category 1TM activity. These certificates are accepted by the NC Boards for physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, and respiratory therapists. Other health care providers may also be able to use these certificates, depending on their particular license requirements. (License requirements are subject to change. Participants should check with their licensing boards for specific questions. UNC and its partners are not responsible for changes in license requirements.)
- Nurses: AMA PRA Category 1TM will be accepted as Nursing CE's for the NC Board of Nursing and UNC Trauma Hours.
- Pre-hospital Personnel: Continuing education credit may be granted for the following North Carolina EMS credential levels: EMR, EMT, AEMT, and Paramedic. Participants of the "31st Annual" May Day Trauma Conference may be awarded a maximum of 12.5 hours of continuing education credit.
- Respiratory Therapists: A maximum of 12.5 CE Hours has been approved by the NC Respiratory Care Board for Respiratory Therapists (approval number 193698).
Disclosures: This activity has been planned and implemented under the sole supervision of the course director and planning committee, in association with the UNC Office of Continuing Professional Development (UNC CPD). The course director, planning committee, presenters and CPD staff have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests as defined by the ACCME.
Wed. May 01, 2019 07:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Thu. May 02, 2019 07:30 AM - 4:00 PM
William and Ida Friday Center - Orange County
100 Friday Center Drive, Chapel Hill NC 27517
||Mid Carolina Healthcare Preparedness Region
||Bonifacio, Alberto Sanchez
||This conference will benefit any civilian and military personnel involved in the continuum of trauma care.
-Physicians to include Medical Directors, Emergency Medicine, Critical Care and Surgeons
-Advanced Practice Providers
-Leaders and administrators within military, civilian, academic and commercial sectors
|# Open Seats
|# on Wait List
Offering Specific Information