This 3-day course combines ALL of the content of ICISF’s Assisting Individuals in Crisis & Group Crisis Intervention courses. Crisis intervention is sometimes called “emotional first aid”. Designed to present the core elements of a comprehensive, systematic and multi-component crisis intervention curriculum, this course will prepare participants to understand a wide range of crisis intervention services for both the individual and for groups. Fundamentals of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) will be outlined and participants will leave with the knowledge and tools to provide several group crisis interventions, specifically demobilizations, defusings and the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD). The need for appropriate follow-up services and referrals when necessary will also be discussed.
This course is designed for anyone in the fields of Business & Industry Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.
- Psychological crisis and psychological crisis intervention
- Resistance, resiliency, recovery continuum
- Critical incident stress management
- Evidence-based practice
- Basic crisis communication techniques
- Common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions
- Putative and empirically-derived mechanisms
- SAFER-Revised model
- Suicide intervention
- Relevant research findings
- Large group crisis interventions
- Small group crisis interventions
- Adverse outcome associated with crisis intervention
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
Wed. Mar 06, 2019 0830-1730
Thu. Mar 07, 2019 0830-1730
Fri. Mar 08, 2019 0830-1730
Cape Fear Community College - Union Station
502 N. Front St, Wilmington NC
||502 N. Front St. Wilmington NC. (Union Station room 387)
||Southeastern Healthcare Preparedness Region
||Fowler, Ned H.
|Cost to Student
|# Open Seats
|# on Wait List
Offering Specific Information
There is a $50.00 fee associated with the course for those individuals that do not live or work in the Southeastern Healthcare Preparedness Region*. You will be waitlisted until payment is received, please allow until the Friday after you make payment for waitlist changes. Contact Catrina.Streba@nrhmc.org with concerns.
1. Please go to this link: https://www.nhrmc.org/nhrmc-foundation/make-a-gift/make-a-donation
2. Under Donation, select “$50”.
3. Under Designation, choose “CISM”.
4. Enter billing and payment info.
5. You will receive an email confirmation of payment.
FULL REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE WITH WRITTEN REQUEST BEFORE FEBRUARY 28 BY EMAILING CATRINA.STREBA@NHRMC.ORG.
*Southeastern Healthcare Preparedness Region includes the following counties: Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus, Duplin, New Hanover, Onslow and Pender.
If you have questions, please contact Catrina Streba at 910-431-6028 or email@example.com.