***This course is conducted ONLINE via Central Piedmont Communty College***
***UPDATED 2016 CONTENT that has been revised/shortened based on new information and student feedback***
The State Medical Assistant Team (SMAT) Initial Training Course is required for all SMAT team members. This course is designed to meet guidelines established by the NC Office of Emergency Medical Services for the purpose of ensuring mission readiness, safety and team cohesiveness. Course participants must either be a current member of an SMAT Team or have successful course completion as a requirement prior to joining an SMAT Team. This course includes the following modules include:
Module 0: Introduction
Module1: Overview and History (Updated)
Module 2: Responder Safety and Health (Revised/Shortened)
Module 3: Infection Control (Revised/Shortened)
Module4: All Hazards (Revised/Shortened)
Module 5: Communications (Revised/Shortened)
Module 6: Deployment Readiness (Revised/Shortened)
Module 7: Mass Casualty
Module 8: Hazardous Material (Lecture Only,Revised/Shortened)
The course utilizes a self paced, open entry/exit format to deliver the content using recorded lectures and short tests. The course also uses discussion baords and supplemental assignments to help operationalize the content.
The course layout requires that you complete each of the module tests with at least an 80%, and the overall course with an 80% for completion to be successful.
Partial completion is ALLOWED.
Mon. Aug 07, 2017 START
Sun. Sep 24, 2017 ENDS
Metrolina Healthcare Coalition Warehouse
3311-A Beam Rd, Charlotte NC 28217
||***ONLINE Course- NO IN PERSON Meeting and Self Paced- Course ENDS September 24th***
||Metrolina Healthcare Preparedness Region
||Persons who are affiliated or who want to affiliate with an SMAT Team
For registration information, contact Travis Cryan at email@example.com
|# Open Seats
|# on Wait List
CPCC Registration Form (REQUIRED)
Offering Specific Information
Course will be open from August 7th - September 24th This course is SELF-PACED and partial completion is allowed. You can register at any point between now and September 15th (registrations not allowed during the last week of class)
This is an UPDATED version of the SMAT Initial Training based off a course content revision that was conducted by NC SMRS staff earlier this year. The intent was to update important details, as well as streamline the content.
***IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION/STEPS***
- If waitlisted, igonore and continue with steps below. This is a TERMS hang up, but does not impact your ability to take the class.
- Your ACTUAL regstration for the course occurs through Central Piedmont Community College, and you must follwo the exact steps below:
- Fill out the attached form
- The form is Pre-populated with:
- Agency/Classification/Title- Please don?t change.
- Course/Section # and Title for this class- Please don't change
- Please type or PRINT clearly, and SIGN/DATE the form
- If you don?t know your CPCC ID# or don?t have one, please include the last 4 of your Social Security #.
- Email to CCECustomerServiceAllStaff@cpcc.edu (copy firstname.lastname@example.org on this email)
- CPCC will call or email you back to confirm registration
- Once registered with CPCC, you will be able access course via:
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS BLACKBOARD
(or go to: https://blackboard.cpcc.edu )
- If you need your CPCC ID# to set up BlackBoard Access, email Travis.Cryan@cpcc.edu