A state-sponsored Emergency Management Institute course
This interactive course is designed to prepare Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Program Managers for the tasks required to establish and sustain an active local CERT program. Upon completing this course, the participants should be able to:
1) Define the purpose and core components of a local CERT program.
2) Use strategic planning to define the mission and goals for a local CERT program.
3) Describe the purposes and strategies for promoting a local CERT program.
4) Establish a process for working with volunteers.
5) Establish a process for working with instructors.
6) Establish a process for acquiring and managing program resources.
7) Build a plan for delivering and managing safe training and exercises.
8) Describe the role of policies and procedures in operating a local CERT program.
9) Develop a process for evaluating a local CERT program.
10) Describe how to sustain a local CERT program.
Tue. Jan 05, 2021 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Tue. Jan 12, 2021 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Tue. Jan 19, 2021 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Tue. Jan 26, 2021 6:00pm - 10:00pm
See Offering Specific Information for details, OTHER NC
||North Carolina Division of Emergency Management
CERT - Community Emergency Response Team Basic Training Class (NC-317)
Virtual Student WebEx Training (VTS-101)
||Local CERT Program Managers
The target audience for this course includes the following:
Professionals and volunteers who are designated to be or are interested in being appointed a local CERT Program Manager;
and Those who are already in the CERT Program Manager position.
Course materials you will receive:
1) Participant manual
2) Activity worksheets
NC CERT Program Manager
North Carolina Emergency Management
|# Open Seats
|# on Wait List
CERT Draft Program Guide
CERT Program Manager Manual
Offering Specific Information