This 3-day course combines ALL of the content of ICISF’s Assisting Individuals in Crisis & Group Crisis Intervention courses. Crisis intervention is sometimes called “emotional first aid”. Designed to present the core elements of a comprehensive, systematic and multi-component crisis intervention curriculum, this course will prepare participants to understand a wide range of crisis intervention services for both the individual and for groups. Fundamentals of Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) will be outlined and participants will leave with the knowledge and tools to provide several group crisis interventions, specifically demobilizations, defusings and the Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD). The need for appropriate follow-up services and referrals when necessary will also be discussed.
This course is designed for anyone in the fields of Business & Industry Crisis Intervention, Disaster Response, Education, Emergency Services, Employee Assistance, Healthcare, Homeland Security, Mental Health, Military, Spiritual Care, and Traumatic Stress.
- Psychological crisis and psychological crisis intervention
- Resistance, resiliency, recovery continuum
- Critical incident stress management
- Evidence-based practice
- Basic crisis communication techniques
- Common psychological and behavioral crisis reactions
- Putative and empirically-derived mechanisms
- SAFER-Revised model
- Suicide intervention
- Relevant research findings
- Large group crisis interventions
- Small group crisis interventions
- Adverse outcome associated with crisis intervention
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
Mon. Jun 24, 2019 8:30am - 4:30pm
Tue. Jun 25, 2019 8:30am - 4:30pm
Wed. Jun 26, 2019 8:30am - 4:30pm
William F. Andrews Center
3024 New Bern Ave,, Raleigh NC 27610
||Center for Innovative Learning
||Capital Healthcare Preparedness Region
||Brown, Janis Cox
Offering Specific Information
All students will be waitlisted initially upon registering. Seat preference will be given to CapRAC agency personnel, then CapRAC volunteers, and lastly, to personnel from outside of the CapRAC region.
For questions, please contact Janis Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org .